A virtual assistant is a remote employee who is trained and experienced to help you and your team on a range of tasks like email management, answering phone calls, managing company database, making travel arrangements, handling social media handles and much more. They operate out of their homes and work as per your time schedule and requirements.
We've written a few virtual assistant job description samples to help you.
Virtual Assistant Job Description Sample 1
If you're an organisation and looking for a virtual assistant to work with you and your team, then here's a sample for you:
1.1. Job Overview
We are looking for a responsible and experienced virtual assistant to join our team. While operating remotely, the Virtual Assistant will organise and update files, answer calls and emails, and assist in creating presentation and sales materials.
The ideal candidate should be tech savvy, able to communicate through multiple channels, and super organised. The virtual assistant will also be responsible for arranging travel itineraries, flights, and rooms, as well as tracking and managing expenses and payments.
1.2. Duties and responsibilities
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Manage communication and answer emails
- Prepare and organize databases and reports
- Manage social media accounts and replies
- Handles customer and employer information confidentially
- Take notes or transcribe meetings conducted online and share minutes of meeting
- Schedule meetings
- Manage calendar and appointments
- Schedule meeting spaces and conference rooms
- Arrange payments for vendors, travel, and sales expenses
- Create purchase orders and track and manage payments
- Manage filing systems, update records, and organize documentation
- Prepare and create PowerPoint presentations and materials as needed
- Online research for materials and sources for presentations
1.3. Job Requirements
- Graduate or above
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)Experience with Google Docs, cloud services, and other technology tools.
- Well-versed with technology
- Highly organised multi-tasker and ability to work on multiple instructions
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer-service and presentation skills.
Virtual Assistant Job Description Sample 2
If you're a small startup or entrepreneur looking for a virtual assistant to delegate your workload to, then here's a sample for you:
2.1. Job Overview
We are looking for a qualified and proficient virtual assistant who is trained to handle business related tasks. Working out of his/her home, the virtual assistant will be responsible for administrative tasks, online research as well as report presentation. The ideal candidate should be tech savvy and proficient with various graphic report making tools and creative presentation skills. The virtual assistant should be able to adjust to the tight schedules and strict deadlines.
2.2. Duties and responsibilities
- Minutes and notes taking
- Calendar management and appointment scheduling
- Report making
- Online research on market trends
- Maintaining official records
- Client telephonic follow up
- Database management
2.3. Job Requirements
- Strong administrative and organizational support
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication
- Proficient with designing and report-making tools
- Proficient with MS Office
- Flexible with changing time zones
Virtual Assistant Job Description Sample 3
If you're a small team and looking for a virtual assistant to help you with some simple tasks, then here's a sample for you:
3.1. Job Overview
We are looking for a virtual assistant who will provide our team administrative support while working out-of-home.
As a Virtual Assistant, you will perform various administrative tasks, including answering emails, scheduling meetings and making travel arrangements. For this role, a strong Internet connection is required, along with experience using communication tools like Skype.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle administrative projects and deliver high-quality work under minimum supervision.
3.2. Duties and responsibilities
- Respond to emails and phone calls
- Schedule meetings
- Book travel and accommodations
- Manage a contact list
- Prepare customer spreadsheets and keep online records
- Organize managers’ calendars
- Perform market research
- Create presentations, as assigned
- Address employees administrative queries
- Provide customer service as first point of contact
3.3. Job Requirements
- Graduate or above
- Proven experience as a Virtual Assistant or relevant role
- Familiarity with current technologies, like desktop sharing and common widgets and tools
- Proficient with MS-Office
- Knowledge of online calendars and scheduling (e.g. Google Calendar)
- Excellent phone, email and instant messaging communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid organizational skills
Rules to write a good job description
- Clearly state out your role requirements in the job description. Don't be ambiguous.
- Use simple and clear language. Jargons and metaphor don't attract many.
A poor job description:
We're on the lookout for a marvellous maverick who is equipped to cater to the administrative chaos of our company by taking care of meticulous details in our everyday operations, managing communication, travel planning and more.
Here's a simpler and more attractive version of the same:
We're looking for an administrative assistant to help us with operational tasks, answering phone calls and emails, planning travel and making arrangements.
- Describe tasks or break them down into smaller roles so that the candidate understands what is expected of him/her on a daily basis.
- Use a clear and simple job title that directly gives the idea of your requirement in 2-3 words.
- Make it easy to read with structured sections, bullets and lists and very few paragraphs.
- Do not be unrealistic with your expectations and always mention your requirements in a positive tone.
- Remember that you build brand value with your job posts. Always project your company to be courteous and employee friendly.
A well-written job post will always have greater potential to attract quality candidates to your pipeline. Hence, it's important to make it crisp and spell out all your requirements clearly.
Since, you're hiring for a virtual assistant, who are remote workers, ensure to mention the time zone that you expect your virtual assistant to work at. Taking note of small things like mentioning the daily working hours is important because virtual assistants are a shared resource. To sum it up, the key to a well -written job post is creativity and attention to detail.
Subscribe to Wishup Blog | Remote Teams | Remote Employees
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox