If you're overwhelmed by the amount of work that goes into running a business, hiring a virtual assistant can help. They can assist you with everything, from answering phone calls and making travel arrangements to scheduling meetings. If you want to make your life easier and ensure your business runs smoothly, read our blog to learn how to hire a virtual assistant from Wishup.
Write A Detailed Job Description
It’s important to understand that there are different types of virtual assistants, depending on your industry or requirements. They each have qualifications and skills - like administrative skills, communication skills, customer relations, and data entry. The more specific you are in writing a job description, the better the chances you have of hiring the right virtual assistant to suit your needs.
Once you have an idea of what rules and responsibilities you want to delegate to a virtual assistant, you can prepare the job description. The benefit of hiring a virtual assistant is that you don’t have to go through a lengthy hiring process. Still, you need to have enough information to give the outsourcing company to find a suitable VA for you.
Here are some pointers to get you started on writing your virtual assistant job posting.
- Write down a descriptive list of tasks the virtual assistant will perform on a daily basis, ranked from most important/difficult to the easiest.
- Mention the industry/domain of your work. This will help you find a virtual assistant with previous experience in that field.
- Specify the duration of the employment period - whether you would like to hire them for a short or longer period.
- Be open about the budget you’re willing to allow for a virtual assistant. This will help the agency find the best candidate within your budget.
Virtual Assistant Job Description Sample 1
If you're an organization and looking for a virtual assistant to work with you and your team, then here's a sample for you:
1.1. Job Overview
We are looking for a responsible and experienced virtual assistant to join our team. While operating remotely, the Virtual Assistant will organize and update files, answer calls and emails, and assist in creating presentations and sales materials.
The ideal candidate should be tech-savvy, able to communicate through multiple channels, and highly organized. The virtual assistant will also be responsible for arranging travel itineraries, flights, and rooms and tracking and managing expenses and payments.
1.2. Duties and responsibilities
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Manage communication and answer emails
- Schedule meetings
- Arrange meeting spaces and conference rooms
- Prepare and organize databases and reports
- Manage social media accounts
- Handle customer and employer information confidentially.
- Take notes or transcribe meetings conducted online and share minutes of meetings.
- Manage calendar and appointments
- Manage payments for vendors, travel, and sales expenses
- Create purchase orders and track and manage payments
- Manage filing systems, update records, and organize documentation
- Prepare and create PowerPoint presentations and materials as needed
- Online research for materials and sources for presentations
1.3. Job Requirements
- Graduate or above
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Experience with Google Docs, cloud services, and other technology tools.
- Well-versed with technology
- Highly organized multi-tasker who can work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
Criteria For Choosing The Right Virtual Assistant
After you’ve written a job description, we’ll provide you with a list of suitable candidates. Here’s a list of suggested criteria to help you make the right decision while hiring a virtual assistant.
Previous experience: your ideal candidate should have previous experience working in a similar industry or at least handling similar tasks and responsibilities.
Technical Knowledge: This is an important one. Since most of your communication with your virtual assistant will be online, your VA should have excellent technical skills and be familiar with all the technology used within your organization to keep onboarding and training to a minimum.
References: Check their references and reviews from previous clients to learn about their experience working with your potential virtual assistant, and be aware of potential red flags.
Virtual Assistant FAQs
Who is a Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant supports your small business by remotely assisting you with day-to-day operations. They specialize in a broad range of skills from administrative tasks, data entry, content marketing, lead generation, and more. In addition, virtual assistants take care of the backend tasks so you can focus on growing your business. At Wishup, we hire only the top 1% to ensure you get the best talent for your needs.
Who Should Hire a Virtual Assistant?
If you feel overworked and overwhelmed by the load of daily mundane tasks and feel that they are holding you back from focusing on business strategy and company growth, there is a good chance that you need a virtual assistant. Wishup’s virtual assistants come with years of experience and have multiple skills that will help in the growth of your company. As a result, you can focus on the big-picture stuff, knowing that you’ve left the backend work in good hands.
How Quickly Can I Hire A Virtual Assistant?
As soon as you sign up on our website, we schedule a free consultation with an account manager and collect the necessary details to match you with the best-suited virtual assistant. We will then connect you and your VA via email or any communication channel suitable for you within hours. We also guarantee an instant no-questions-asked replacement in the rare case that you are not satisfied with the services provided by your virtual assistant.
A virtual assistant is a powerful ally who can help cost-effectively grow your business. They are perfect for entrepreneurs and executives across industries who need help managing everyday administrative tasks. If you want to grow your business with your talented team of VAs from Wishup, click here to schedule a free consultation and hire a virtual assistant today.
Subscribe to Wishup Blog | Remote Teams | Remote Employees
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox