Do you want your MailChimp email campaigns to have a strategic approach to audience segmentation? Don't settle for generic emails sent to a faceless crowd—instead, explore the power of sorting your subscribers into distinct categories.
Email segmentation is the key to getting the full potential of your campaigns. It's not just about increasing sales and engagement; it's about fostering loyalty and bringing customers back to your site.
You don’t need to rely on generic e-blasts and hoping for lukewarm responses.
In this article, we’ll see how to create a segment in MailChimp.
What is Segmentation on MailChimp?
How do you make your email campaigns hit the bullseye for each subscriber? That's where MailChimp segmentation steps in! It's like the weapon sauce for email marketing success.
So, what's segmentation all about? It's the art of grouping your email subscribers based on criteria like age, location, or behavior. Imagine tailoring your emails precisely to your audience's preferences.
But hold on, it's not the same as personalization. At the same time, personalization adds a dash of individual touch by using names or recent purchases; segmentation focuses on creating targeted campaigns for specific groups.
Let's break it down. Say you're in the business of pet products. With segmentation, you can have distinct groups like cat parents and dog lovers. It's all about sending content that speaks directly to their interests.
Here's the kicker – the smaller your segments, the more personalized and enticing your emails become. No more generic blasts that fade into oblivion. Segmentation lets you build laser-focused campaigns that resonate with each group's unique needs.
Stay away from the one-size-fits-all trap.
- Opened Emails
Identify subscribed email contacts who engaged with any of your last five emails.
- No Clicks on the Last Email
Segment subscribed email contacts who didn't click on your recent email.
- SMS Interaction
Target subscribed SMS contacts who frequently engage with your SMS marketing.
- Clicked SMS Messages
Isolate subscribed SMS contacts who clicked on any of the last five text messages.
- Recent Purchases
Group contacts who recently purchased from your connected store.
Filter contacts based on their specific location.
- High Spenders
Segment contacts who spent more than $500 in your connected store.
- Postcard Recipients
Identify contacts who were sent a specific postcard for targeted communication.
Importance of Audience Segmentation
Ever wondered why some brands soar while others struggle? The secret lies in audience segmentation – a game-changer in content marketing.
Picture this: many brands cast a wide net, hoping to catch everyone's attention with generic content. Blogs, videos, e-books – you name it, they've got it. But here's the catch – one size doesn't fit all.
Personalization is the key to growth in the dynamic realm of content marketing. Creating content that resonates with specific segments or personas is the golden ticket. Without this tailored approach, your content might be perceived as run-of-the-mill, leaving customers unimpressed.
Think about it – irrelevant content is a deal-breaker. Buyers quickly spot it, bounce away, and flock to brands that truly get them. That's where audience segmentation swoops.
It's not just a starting point; it's the foundation. Without audience segmentation, your content might miss the mark.
Ways to segment your email list
Harness customer actions like website behavior or past purchases to create targeted groups. This method is the real deal, driven by subscribers' actual engagement.
Keep it straightforward by splitting your list based on basic demographic info. It's easy to obtain and provides quick insights into your audience.
Go deep into location-based factors like time zone, climate, or cultural preferences. Tailor your emails to resonate with specific regions.
Boost engagement by understanding your buyers' attitudes, beliefs, and interests. This method taps into the psychology behind consumer behavior.
Customer Lifecycle Segmentation
Send personalized messages based on where a customer is in their buying journey. It's all about meeting them where they are.
Break down your list based on recipients' past behaviors simply yet effectively. This method unveils valuable insights from your audience's history.
Creating a segment
Here’s how to create a segment in MailChimp or how to create an audience in MailChimp:
- Go to Navigate to the contact table to begin crafting your segments. Whether you're on a basic or advanced plan, regular segments are at your disposal, accommodating simple one-condition segments to complex ones with up to 5 conditions. Email and SMS contacts can seamlessly coexist in these segments.
- Let's start with a simple, one-condition segment. We'll focus on contacts who joined the audience after the latest email was sent, keeping it straightforward without needing And/Or logic.
- Click on Audience and then Segments.
- Select the relevant one from the drop-down menu if you manage multiple audiences.
- Opt for creating a regular segment.
- Assign a name to your segment in the provided field and hit Add filter.
- Go to the "How your contacts were acquired" section and choose Date added.
- Specify "is after" and select the last campaign sent.
- Review your segment, edit if needed, and save it when ready.
Follow these simple steps and master the And/Or logic within your conditions.
- Click on Audience, then navigate to MailChimp segments.
- Select the relevant one from the Current Audience drop-down menu if you manage multiple audiences.
- Opt for creating a regular segment to unleash the full potential of complex criteria.
- Enter a distinctive name for your segment in the provided field and click Add filter.
- Select the desired group category and specify conditions in the "How your contacts are grouped" section. This establishes the first set of criteria.
- To add a second condition, click Add another filter. In the "How your contacts were acquired" section, specify the date added condition.
- Click "is after," choose a specific date using the date picker, and select a date in the past.
- Review your segment, make edits if necessary, and click Save segment when satisfied.
Sending an email from the Segments page
Ready to engage your segmented audience? Whether you're using the Segments page, email builder, or SMS builder, follow these straightforward steps to kickstart your email or text message campaigns.
Sending from the Segments Page:
- Click on Audience, then navigate to Segments.
- Select the relevant audience if you manage multiple ones.
- Access the Regular Segments tab in the "Saved by you" section (automatically selected for Free, Essential, or legacy pricing plans).
- Choose your desired segment from the drop-down menu.
- Click on your preferred campaign type: Send regular campaign, Send multivariate testing campaign, Send plain-text campaign, or Send RSS campaign.
- Progress through your chosen email builder, and when your masterpiece is ready, hit Send or Schedule.
How Do You Segment Your Audience?
Segmenting your audience is a crucial step for effective marketing. Consider the following four key categories when starting the segmentation process:
- Location, age, gender, ethnicity, income, family life cycle, education, occupation.
- Highly effective and readily available within your customer base.
- Example: Segmenting by location caters to diverse needs if selling lawn equipment.
- Track interactions like purchases, timing, and product preferences.
- Analyze actions such as social media engagement, email opens, and content downloads.
- Personalize content based on behaviors, e.g., crafting a drip campaign for non-responsive quote requests.
- Focus on opinions, attitudes, values, lifestyles, and beliefs.
- Drilling down into data reveals emotional or ideological responses.
- Align content with customer segments' values for a stronger connection.
- Relevant in B2B marketing, considering company-related data.
- Captured in CRMs, including company name, size, type, job title, and content marketing role.
- Provides valuable insights, especially for B2B engagements.
Pro Tips for Creating Audience Segments
- Establish measurable goals to gauge the impact of your audience segments.
- When segmenting, consider demographics, psychographics, customer behaviors, preferences, geographic locations, and lifetime value.
- Develop detailed buyer personas for a deeper understanding of your target audience. Use this insight to refine ads and enhance lead generation.
- Analyze web behavior to grasp who your customers are and what they desire.
- Customize marketing messages and offerings to align with the distinct needs of each segment.
- Recognize the uniqueness of each customer and their journey. Adopting a singular approach may only sometimes resonate.
Virtual Assistance for Targeted Email Marketing
A virtual assistant plays a crucial role in managing tasks and optimizing business processes, especially with how to create a list on Mailchimp. In the context of audience segmentation in Mailchimp, a virtual assistant can:
Virtual assistants are your wizards, using Mailchimp's tools to neatly organize and filter your subscribers based on different traits. It's like sorting them into personalized groups.
Know Your Audience
Virtual assistants are like mind-readers, understanding your audience's demographics and behavior to create segments that genuinely resonate with each group.
Adding an extra layer of precision, virtual assistants use additional filters to tweak and refine your audience segments. It's all about making sure your messages hit the right notes.
Crafting Personalized Content
Think of them as your personal content stylists. Virtual assistants create tailored content that speaks directly to each segment of MailChimp, making your emails more engaging.
Testing, Testing, 1-2-3
Before the grand reveal, these assistants meticulously test and preview your emails to ensure they're perfect. It's like a dress rehearsal for your campaigns.
Keeping an Eye on Performance
Ever watchful, virtual assistants monitor how each segment performs. They analyze reports to see what's working and needs a little tweak.
Flexibility is their middle name. Virtual assistants adapt segments on the fly based on what they learn from ongoing campaigns. It's all about staying relevant.
With the help of tagging, virtual assistants add an extra touch of personalization to your segments. It's like adding a cherry on top.
Virtual assistants don't rest till the job is done. Regular updates and maintenance ensure your audience segments stay fresh and accurate over time.
Messages with Heart
Injecting warmth into your messages, virtual assistants use their knowledge to create a personal connection with each segment. It's like having a conversation with a friend.
Always up for experimentation, virtual assistants try different segmentation strategies to see which works best for you. It's like finding the perfect recipe.
When it's time to promote something special, virtual assistants use their segmentation skills for targeted promotions. It's about hitting the bullseye.
They're on a mission to keep your audience engaged. Virtual assistants optimize segments to ensure your emails get the attention they deserve.
Sharing the Wisdom
Consider them your email marketing gurus. Virtual assistants share valuable insights on effective segmentation strategies, helping you improve your game.
They're not just doers; they're also teachers. Virtual assistants educate users on why audience segmentation is a game-changer. It's about spreading the good word.
Virtual assistants stay in the loop about the latest features. It's like having your tech-savvy sidekick, keeping things fresh and compelling.
Wishup: Targeting your email campaigns perfectly
Wishup is your gateway to a virtual personal assistant, an online platform that provides a spectrum of services to make your professional and personal life more manageable. Whether it's research, scheduling, travel arrangements, social media management, or handling expenses, Wishup offers a suite of services to streamline your tasks and enhance your productivity.
Top-Tier Talent Partnership
At Wishup, we're not just offering virtual assistants but providing the top 1% of talent. Partnering with us means tapping into a pool of exceptional skills, ensuring the best handles your email campaigns.
Lightning-fast onboarding in 24 hours
Seamlessness is our mantra. Onboard your virtual assistant with Wishup and witness the magic within a day: no lengthy processes, just quick and efficient integration into your team.
Training Budget Zeroed Out
Forget about allocating a hefty budget for training. Wishup eliminates the need for a training budget. Our virtual assistants are ready-equipped with knowledge in 70+ no-code tools and 200+ skills to enhance your email campaign strategies.
Exceptional Replacement Policy
Wishup takes pride in its exceptional no-questions-asked replacement policy. If you ever need a change, we've got you covered. It's about ensuring your satisfaction and the seamless flow of your email campaigns.
Dive into the Wishup experience with confidence. Put your virtual assistant to the test with our 7-day Risk-Free Trial. It's the perfect opportunity to witness the impact on your email campaigns without any commitment.
In a nutshell, audience segmentation is the key to impactful email campaigns in Mailchimp. Wishup, your top virtual assistant service provider, simplifies the process for you.
FAQs: Create a Segment In Mailchimp
Does Mailchimp have segmentation?
Yes, Mailchimp offers segmentation tools that allow you to organize and target your audience based on various criteria, enhancing the precision of your email campaigns.
How do you add sections in Mailchimp?
To add sections in Mailchimp, use the segmentation feature. You can filter subscribers based on criteria like demographics or behavior, helping you create targeted segments for more effective communication.
What is the difference between a list and a segment in Mailchimp?
In Mailchimp, a list is a collection of contacts, while a segment is a subset of those contacts based on specific criteria. Lists are broader, encompassing all contacts, while segments allow you to tailor your communication to specific groups within your list.