Are you spending an enormous amount of time on your company’s digital marketing activities? Is the campaign that you put your heart, soul and blood into only got you 10 likes? Do you regret setting aside a deal because you were too busy with content creation?
If you said yes for any of them, then you’re at the right place. While development and implementation of digital marketing is one of the most critical aspects of the business, most entrepreneurs often scare away from it due to the risks involved. But needless to say, it’s not an area you can just neglect especially in the 21st century where online presence can make all the difference in the world.
But hey! Skip the frown because we’ve got you covered!
Presenting the superheroes aka digital marketing virtual assistants!
I’m sure you’re baffled with a lot of pondering questions like what does a digital marketing virtual assistant do. What can they bring to the table that would make your life better, how do you hire one, etc. To help you out, we’ll cover everything you need to know about digital marketing virtual assistants so your business can catapult right up.
So Who Is A Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant?
A digital marketing virtual assistant is a remote assistant who is trained in various online marketing tasks. They can be hired on an as-needed basis for a specific campaign or even full time, regardless they’re a fraction of the price of a full-time employee.
What Can A Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant Do?
- Improve your online marketing strategy
A comprehensive digital marketing strategy can help form a stronger base for your online marketing efforts. It’s always great to discuss your current marketing channels and any new campaigns with your virtual assistants, you never know the kind of insights and perspectives they could provide to improve your online reach. Their experience and your strategy can together be leveraged to get the best results possible.
2. Establish a strong social media presence
A solid online presence can convey to your consumers why your business is the best solution and be an effective source of lead generation. But it’s not easy, rather it takes a lot of time and consistent effort.
A digital marketing virtual assistant can:
- Maintain an interactive social media presence- respond to comments etc.
- Engage with the audience- create regular posts on LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Create topical content- keep up with the latest hashtags and trends. Also check out 5 trends of successful virtual marketing for 2021.
3. Harness ads for increased conversions
Social media is all fun and games but there’s one problem when it comes to having your business on it: you have to constantly be in touch with said media. Can you always be glued to your phone and monitor your ad campaigns? Well, a virtual assistant can! They can help you out in the stressful and time consuming management of ads as well as:
- Determining target audiences for each ad campaign.
- Running social media ads on Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Retargeting leads with Google or Facebook ads
- Using PPC campaigns on Google, Bing, etc.
- Optimizing ad copy to maximize click-throughs
4. Utilise content marketing
Content can never be dethroned from being the king. Content that provides value is going to rank always-thereby increasing your online visibility. Which is why you need to have a dedicated person for top-notch content creation, skilled copywriting and SEO expertise aka a digital marketing virtual assistant.
- Create helpful content to boost inbound marketing- maintain a monthly content calendar, promote the content on all handles
- Rank on Google via search engine optimization- conduct keyword research to ensure usage of high-volume keywords in your content to allow for better rankings
- Send regular email newsletters- draft attractive mailers, newsletter, develop templates and schedule email communications regularly
- Optimize landing pages to maximize conversions
- Design website opt-ins
- Analyze Google analytics data to evaluate how campaigns are performing
Steps to Hire a Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant
Finding a digital marketing virtual assistant who is best suited for your business and requirements is an extensive process and needs to be carried out carefully. Given below are the steps you can follow to hire the right digital marketing virtual assistant for your business:
- Create a list of all the tasks you need assistance with. Based on this, you can identify what you exactly need from a virtual assistant
- Write a concise job description that covers all the important aspects of the job. These include the basic details of your business, the tasks you want to be taken up by the virtual assistant, and other important miscellaneous details. Some sample descriptions have been drawn up later in this article, which you can refer to for help
- Begin searching for quality virtual assistants. There are numerous ways to get good recommendations:
- Personal and Professional Referrals: Approach business owners, colleagues, and other people who have enlisted the help of a virtual assistant in the past or present. These referrals can lead you to highly qualified and experienced professionals
- Social Media Groups: There are several entrepreneurial groups on social media, especially Facebook. These groups are populated by numerous virtual assistants who are looking for job opportunities. Once you circulate your job description amongst these groups, you’re bound to get many applications
- Online Platforms: There are numerous online platforms that offer qualified virtual assistants. You can find the right person for the job after evaluating profiles and competencies
4. Evaluate the job applications you get. There are two aspects that you must focus on the most:
- Qualifications, the most important of which are:
i. Past experience as a digital marketing virtual assistant
ii. Testimonials of work and praise by previous clients
iii. Examples of previous work
iv. Quick to respond (24 business hours is generally accepted)
- Personal Traits, such as:
i. Takes initiative
iii. Takes responsibility for his/her actions
iv. Is a quick learner
v. Is constantly working to improve, etc.
5. Once you’ve identified the best applicants, begin the onboarding process. Ideally, this should involve the following:
- Organize an initial meeting. This can be done via a phone or video conference call and should be used by both you and the virtual assistant to get to know each other better and discuss goals and plans
- Define your expectations clearly and well before the hiring process is complete. This must be done to avoid any misunderstandings or conflicts of interest in the future. Along with this, discuss matters such as invoice generation, stipend, tracking of hours put in, etc.
- Create a schedule that dictates how often you would want to meet your virtual assistant and discuss future and ongoing plans with them
- Along with general expectations associated with plans and goals, you must also clearly define what you’re expecting from them in terms of communication. This includes the primary means, the frequency, and the alternative methods of communication
- Conduct training specific to your company, your products, and the tasks assigned for your virtual assistant. This is important to ensure that no important facts are missed, and so that your virtual assistant is entirely comfortable when beginning their work
Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant Job Description Sample
To help you out in the process of drawing up job descriptions, here's a sample job description for a digital marketing virtual assistant. Use them for reference when creating the same for your company.
We are looking for a digital marketing virtual assistant who can assist our team in expanding to various forms of social media. We need someone who is well-versed with the nuances of social media marketing and can help us in developing our brand’s social media presence. An ideal candidate would be one who can effectively boost our online presence on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Roles and responsibilities
- Create official company profiles on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media
- Develop these profiles and implement techniques to gain followers and increase online presence
- Promote special sales and offers from the company with catchy posters and advertisements
- Extend the reach of the profiles via promotions with other companies and brands
- Be on the lookout for the newest trends on social media and positively exploit these to increase the company’s reach
- Prior experience with social media marketing
- Must be well-versed with the nuances of social media and the newest trends
- Must be willing to constantly think out of the box
Benefits of Hiring a Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant
1. Satisfied Customers
Often, a customer will leave a message on your social media account to ask something or report a complaint. The advantage of hiring a digital marketing virtual assistant is that they would always be available to respond to such messages and resolve any issues rapidly, keeping your customers happy and satisfied.
2. Motivated work-force
In a startup or a small business, employees may be stretching themselves too thin working long hours. If your marketing team seems to be overworked and is in need of some support, hire a digital marketing virtual assistant without delay. Relieve your team of clerical and administrative work that wastes their time and hampers productivity.
3. Reduces overall costs
- Lower training costs- Digital marketing virtual assistants are pros in their fields with usually years of experience and an expansive knowledge of tools. They’re trained to minimize your onboarding time and quickly get to work without much training at all!
- Cheaper than traditional full time employees-
-Save on office space, equipment and IT costs as most VAs are remote and are charged by the task or hour rather than fixed payroll. No paying for benefits, funding for vacation time either!
-Ability to hire from anywhere in the world comes with the benefit of outsourcing from less-expensive countries such as India
-Because of being paid hourly or for the work, they’re also more productive in comparison to full time employees being only productive for 2 hours and 53 minutes in a day, this productivity means money saved on your end. In fact, a virtual assistant can save up to 79% in operating costs every year.
4. Maximise efficiency
Time being the most crucial resource for any business and it’s entrepreneurs. Hiring a digital marketing virtual assistant will allow for them to focus on their specialised tasks and let business owners work on the bigger picture aka core steps towards the company’s vision.
5. Easy onboarding
Hiring a digital marketing virtual assistant is quick and extremely easy. Say goodbye to lengthy recruitment procedures and hefty training costs. Sign up at Wishup, browse through verified profiles, and get your virtual assistant on board in minutes!
When work piles up, a smart businessperson knows that delegation and seeking external help is the answer. And when it's cheaper, time effective and fruitful, what’s stopping you from hiring one!
Subscribe to Wishup Blog | Remote Teams | Remote Employees
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox