An efficient digital marketing strategy can really make or break your business in the 21stcentury. However, this is a specialized area that needs specialized support. If you’ve been taking care of your business’ online presence all by yourself, it’s time to hire a digital marketing virtual assistant. Read on to find all you need to know about hiring a digital marketing virtual assistant.
What is a Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant?
A digital marketing virtual assistant supports your business’ marketing team from a remote location. They are trained in various online marketing tasks and hold years of experience. What makes virtual assistant outsourcing a particularly good investment is that they can be hired at a fraction of the price of a full-time employee. Hire a digital marketing virtual to fuel your marketing efforts and grow your business.
Explore More VAs
What Can a Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant Do?
1. Email marketing
With one of the highest ROIs, email marketing is a preferred online marketing tool for most companies today. Hire a digital marketing virtual assistant to draft attractive mailers, newsletters, develop striking templates, and schedule email communication at regular intervals.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most popular ways to increase website traffic today. Your digital marketing virtual assistant can run successful SEO campaigns in consultation with an SEO expert.
3. Content marketing
A digital marketing VA is also well-versed in various content marketing tasks to boost traffic to your website and blog. Such a specialist VA can skillfully craft engaging content, keep up with a monthly content calendar, and effectively promote marketing content on your social media handles and platforms like Whop, ensuring a wider reach for your digital products and services.
4. Keyword research
Choosing the right keywords for your content is a key component of SEO. A digital marketing virtual assistant will conduct thorough keyword research to ensure the usage of high-volume keywords in your content.
5. Social media marketing
Marketing on social media has risen significantly in terms of popularity, usage, effectiveness, and importance. Social media marketing is one aspect that you cannot afford to neglect; your business’ online presence must be of the highest quality. This task can be handled by a virtual assistant as well, one who specializes in social media marketing. They would ensure that your brand is represented well on all the major social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Steps to Hire a Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant
Finding a digital marketing virtual assistant who is best suited for your business and requirements is an extensive process and needs to be carried out carefully. Given below are the steps you can follow to hire the right digital marketing virtual assistant for your business:
- Create a list of all the tasks you need assistance with. Based on this, you can identify what you exactly need from a virtual assistant
- Write a concise job description that covers all the important aspects of the job. These include the basic details of your business, the tasks you want to be taken up by the virtual assistant, and other important miscellaneous details. Some sample descriptions have been drawn up later in this article, which you can refer to for help
- Begin searching for quality virtual assistant companies. There are numerous ways to get good recommendations:
- Personal and Professional Referrals: Approach business owners, colleagues, and other people who have enlisted the help of a virtual assistant in the past or present. These referrals can lead you to highly qualified and experienced professionals
- Social Media Groups: There are several entrepreneurial groups on social media, especially Facebook. These groups are populated by numerous virtual assistants who are looking for job opportunities. Once you circulate your job description amongst these groups, you’re bound to get many applications
- Online Platforms: There are numerous online platforms that offer qualified virtual assistants. You can find the right person for the job after evaluating profiles and competencies
4. Evaluate the job applications you get. There are two aspects that you must focus on the most:
- Qualifications, the most important of which are:
i. Past experience as a digital marketing virtual assistant
ii. Testimonials of work and praise by previous clients
iii. Examples of previous work
iv. Quick to respond (24 business hours is generally accepted)
- Personal Traits, such as:
i. Takes initiative
iii. Takes responsibility for his/her actions
iv. Is a quick learner
v. Is constantly working to improve, etc.
5. Once you’ve identified the best applicants, begin the onboarding process. Ideally, this should involve the following:
- Organize an initial meeting. This can be done via a phone or video conference call and should be used by both you and the virtual assistant to get to know each other better and discuss goals and plans
- Define your expectations clearly and well before the hiring process is complete. This must be done to avoid any misunderstandings or conflicts of interest in the future. Along with this, discuss matters such as invoice generation, stipend, tracking of hours put in, etc.
- Create a schedule that dictates how often you would want to meet your virtual assistant and discuss future and ongoing plans with them
- Along with general expectations associated with plans and goals, you must also clearly define what you’re expecting from them in terms of communication. This includes the primary means, the frequency, and the alternative methods of communication
- Conduct training specific to your company, your products, and the tasks assigned for your virtual assistant. This is important to ensure that no important facts are missed, and so that your virtual assistant is entirely comfortable when beginning their work
Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant Job Description Samples
To help you out in the process of drawing up job descriptions, we have included two sample job descriptions for a digital marketing virtual assistant. Use them for reference when creating the same for your company.
Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant Job Description Sample 1
This sample is specifically created for a social media virtual assistant.
We are looking for a digital marketing virtual assistant who can assist our team in expanding to various forms of social media. We need someone who is well-versed with the nuances of social media marketing and can help us in developing our brand’s social media presence. An ideal candidate would be one who can effectively boost our online presence on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Roles and responsibilities
- Create official company profiles on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media
- Develop these profiles and implement techniques to gain followers and increase online presence
- Promote special sales and offers from the company with catchy posters and advertisements
- Extend the reach of the profiles via promotions with other companies and brands
- Be on the lookout for the newest trends on social media and positively exploit these to increase the company’s reach
- Prior experience with social media marketing
- Must be well-versed with the nuances of social media and the newest trends
- Must be willing to constantly think out of the box
Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant Job Description Sample 2
The following sample is for a company that wants to hire a digital marketing virtual assistant who is an expert in SEO.
We are looking for a digital marketing virtual assistant who can assist our team in boosting our website’s reach, traffic, and online presence. We need someone who is well-versed with the nuances of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and can use these techniques to create quality content for our websites. An ideal candidate would be one who can effectively implement principles of SEO, including keyword research.
Roles and responsibilities
- Implement principles of SEO while creating content for our website and social media profiles
- Conduct proper research on keywords and use this to increase our website’s page rank
- Ensure that the content created is of high quality and doesn’t just rely on the usage of keywords
- Keep an eye on the latest market trends and use these to enhance our website’s content
- Regularly update the content based on changes in search engines’ page ranking algorithms
- Prior experience with content creation required
- Must be well-versed with the principles of SEO
- Must be able to handle regular updates
Benefits of Hiring a Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant
1. Keep customers happy
Often, a customer will leave a message on your social media account to ask something or report a complaint. The advantage of hiring a digital marketing virtual assistant is that they would always be available to respond to such messages and resolve any issues rapidly, keeping your customers happy and satisfied.
2. Avoid overworking your staff
In a startup or a small business, employees may be stretching themselves too thin working long hours. If your marketing team seems to be overworked and is in need of some support, hire a digital marketing virtual assistant without delay. Relieve your team of clerical and administrative work that wastes their time and hampers productivity.
3. Reduce operational costs
A huge benefit of hiring a virtual assistant is the fact that you save on operational costs - office space, equipment, fixed salaries, etc. Instead of hiring a full-time marketing professional, you can get the same expertise at an affordable cost with a digital marketing virtual assistant.
4. Easy onboarding
Hiring a digital marketing virtual assistant is quick and extremely easy. Say goodbye to lengthy recruitment procedures and hefty training costs. Sign up at Wishup, browse through verified profiles, and get your virtual assistant on board!