For entrepreneurs, maintaining their brand’s presence is not just paramount but rather an intimidating process: keeping on top of trends, producing content and promoting your business without coming off as a generic sales-y brand.
While you could delegate these tasks to an expert, aka a social media virtual assistant (Check out how you can leverage a virtual assistant for social selling).
But if you do wish to not completely dissolve control of your social media management responsibilities and also empower your team to pitch in ideas over content and posts, social media management tools might just be your knight in shining armor. But with a bevy of options available, we’re here to help you out with the must have tools for your business:
The largest and the most well known social media management tool with over 4 million users has also been one of the longest running in the market. It offers an easy to use dashboard to allow for effective scheduling of social media accounts for business owners to drive engagement. It’s effective customer support, features like an analytics report of each post and ability to connect multiple social media accounts is what makes it a robust experience for marketers. It’s also ideal for medium to large scale companies that work with groups as it allows for easy team collaboration. It includes 3 social media management tools:
- Buffer Publish- hosts multichannel posting & a social media content calendar
- Buffer Reply- helps manage conversations with their audience and collaborate more effectively with their colleagues.
- Buffer Analyze- reports and markets analytics with options of setting up customized templates to monitor marketing KPIs from within this product.
With options of various plans with differing features, choose what’s best for your business!
Created in 2008, it has over 15 million users and over 800 of the Fortune 1000 companies. Being the first software to let users monitor all social media accounts in one place, it’s clear interface, convenient support and effective array of analytics tools makes it an all-in-one social management tool. It’s sleek dashboard helps marketers manage their social presence on all major networks: be it Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, name it!
It’s analytics feature measures performance and shares insights with team members through easy-to-create customizable and dynamic reports. Hootsuite also offers probably the largest integrations with partner apps, tools and networks on the internet. The software provides over 250 integrations and technology partners for its users.
MeetEdgar is narrower than some social media management tools, but it goes deeper into the tasks it covers. MeetEdgar focuses on getting the most out of your content without using advertising, with prime focus on publication and scheduling,
It’s major features include:
- Content categorization- Meet Edgar let’s you organise and categorize your content in a library allowing you to post a balance of different content types.
- Gathers content- when it connects with your social media accounts, it begins its search and identifies content and suggests additions for your content library
- Content syndication from other sources- allows users to import content from website or from external sources, allowing for content curation.
- Recurring weekly schedule- recommends ideal time slots to post based on review of past responsiveness of your audience .
- Auto variations- with most networks, content reaches less than 10% of your audience because of incorrect timings. MeetEdgar repurposes using the auto variation and suggests variations of the original content for you to review and repackage your content to reach out to more users.
A comprehensive social media software from publishing to social listening, with an intuitive interface, it’s a perfect choice for medium to large scale organisations! Some features include:
- Content planning- allows teams to map content themes and optimise content for social media networks.
- Campaign management- allows users to monitor, prioritize, collaborate and respond to messages all from a single inbox.
- Analytics- dashboards contain detailed reports with options of customized reporting tools to measure social campaign performance.
It also has advanced team workflow tools, all in one inbox, insightful reporting templates and automation tools.
A content marketing tool that allows you to explore and discover content and what’s best for your audience. Analyzes numerous pieces of content, making comprehensive data accessible to businesses of all sizes. The 4 main features of BuzzSumo:
- Content Insights: It allows you to search what content is popular on all social networks.
- Influential Search: searches influential people and what they’re sharing to help reach out to them for promotion.
- Query: It allows you to set a query on a particular keyword and Buzzsumo will tell you when the content is published that contains that term.
- Competitive Analysis: It allows you to search when your competition is getting mentioned and by whom.
Perfect tool in today’s world with it’s trends section allowing you to stay on top of topical content, and also allows you to filter results by various factors.
As a small business owner, time to scroll through various tools and subsequently training your employees is something that you hope to not spend time investing in. No matter which one you choose out of the list, as a small business, the key is to do your homework. Determine your social media plan, figure out your budget you’re willing to allocate and the features that best fits your needs and then choose your ideal tool that will help add efficiency to your workflow.
Subscribe to Wishup Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox