Wondering how to get reports in Asana? Well, it's all about boosting your efficiency and gaining that competitive edge. Asana has a handy reporting system built right in, offering valuable insights into your daily operations.
Dive into this article to explore the key features of Asana reporting, understand why it's a top pick for monitoring and managing your business activities, and learn the ropes of creating advanced reports with Asana.
Time to harness the power of reporting in Asana for smarter decision-making and enhanced work efficiency!
Getting Started with Asana Reports
Asana dashboard reporting feature gives you a good overview of ongoing activities. It is available in Premium, Business, and Enterprise versions; it's easily accessible by clicking "reporting" on the left-side navigation bar.
The dashboard is highly customizable, allowing you to display and report on any project you choose. Use it to track progress, enhance performance, identify patterns, and make predictions. This real-time overview of crucial metrics eliminates the need for extensive research, empowering you to make strategic decisions efficiently.
Suppose you are wondering about Asana plans with reporting dashboards. Good news! asana Reporting dashboard is inclusive in Starter, Advanced, Enterprise, and Enterprise+ plans. There are distinct types of dashboards tailored to different plan categories:
- Project dashboards cater to pulling data from individual projects and are accessible for Starter, Advanced, Enterprise, and Enterprise+ customers.
- Portfolio dashboards enable data retrieval across all portfolio projects and are available for Advanced, Enterprise, and Enterprise+ customers.
- Universal reporting empowers you to extract data across your entire organization, a feature included in Advanced, Enterprise, and Enterprise+ plans covering tasks, projects, portfolios, and goals.
Charts in the dashboard visually represent data, offering a glance at your project's dynamics. Upon accessing the Dashboard tab, charts load automatically, and you can add your data, ensuring fresh insights with each visit. Various chart types serve different analyses:
- Bar chart: Displays data using rectangular bars, ideal for showcasing tasks by section or custom fields, revealing process inefficiencies.
- Lollipop chart: A variation of a bar chart using a line and dot, it highlights relationships between categories and values, providing an overview of project progress.
- Donut chart: Resembling a pie chart with a center cut out, it visually represents the allocated workload within the team, adding aesthetic variety.
- Burn-up chart: A tool in agile project management, it plots work on two lines to measure progress, offering insights into team productivity and task timelines.
- Numeric roll-up chart: Aggregates values from each line item, allowing custom numerical fields like budgets and work hours to be added. Explore these chart types to enhance your data visualization and project management experience.
Reporting on Tasks
This feature empowers you to comprehend, track, and compare crucial data across various projects, portfolios, and teams.
To get started:
- Select "Report on Projects" in the dashboard.
- Click "Add chart" and choose the project you want to report on, including options from an organization, teams, portfolios, project owners, or specific projects.
- Opt for project count or numeric custom field.
- Use "Group by project count" when comparing numeric custom field values.
With this functionality, gain deeper insights into your projects and streamline data analysis effortlessly.
Reporting on Projects
With the ability to create insightful charts on project metadata, this functionality is available in Asana Enterprise, Enterprise+, Business, and Legacy Enterprise tiers.
Follow these steps to report on projects:
- Navigate to the "Report on Projects" option.
- Click "Add chart" to select the project you want to report on. Choose from organizations, teams, portfolios, project owners, or individual projects.
For measurement, you have the flexibility to:
- Measure by project count.
- Measure by numeric custom field.
Opt for "Group by project count" when comparing numeric custom field values. You will get to see the potential of project reporting in Asana to gain a comprehensive understanding of your projects across various dimensions.
Reporting on Goals
Asana's ability to create charts on goal metadata is accessible in Enterprise, Enterprise+, Business, and Legacy Enterprise tiers.
Here's how to dive into goal reporting:
- Choose "Report on Goals" to create insightful charts and better understand goal performance across your organization.
- From Goal type, select among All goals, Company goals, or Team goals based on your focus.
- Customize the X-axis by choosing from Status, Owner, Team, or Goal period. If you opt for the Goal period, explore views per quarters, halves, years, or all.
- Fine-tune your charts using filters such as Goal owners, Team, Subgoals, Goal status, and Period. You can use valuable insights and track the health of your goals effortlessly.
Reporting on Portfolios
Asana portfolio reporting is a powerful tool for overseeing your projects within the app. Acting as a control room for your business operations, it allows you to track vital projects and monitor the progress of your business goals conveniently.
When you use Asana's foundation of tasks and projects, portfolios provide a clear view of task ownership, deadlines, and their alignment with the broader business strategy. You can organize portfolios based on your preferences, whether it's monitoring company goals, team projects, or campaign progress.
You can also customize portfolios with sections for key details like project stages, budgets, and more, and easily view and sort your projects as needed.
Here's how to dive into portfolio chart creation:
- Choose where portfolios should be included from options like the entire domain, portfolio owner, portfolios in, or specific portfolios.
- Customize your chart by selecting X-axis groupings such as portfolio owner, portfolio status, or specific portfolio.
- Fine-tune the Y-axis by choosing portfolio count or custom fields (numeric fields only).
- Utilize filters to tailor your portfolio charts by status, owners, date, or custom fields. This feature provides a versatile approach to reporting, allowing you to track portfolios, tasks, projects, and goals seamlessly.
Go to your dashboards seamlessly with these interactions:
Remove or duplicate charts
Hover over a chart, click the three-dot icon, and effortlessly remove or duplicate it.
Click and drag charts to swiftly rearrange them according to your preferences.
Explore underlying data
Click on any chart segment to access pertinent underlying data, providing a detailed and insightful view.
When it comes to sharing dashboards:
Dashboards are automatically private and accessible solely to the dashboard owner.
- Alter privacy settings by clicking the share button on the dashboard page.
- Share with team members, manage access, or assign a new dashboard owner.
Collaborators enjoy Read Only access, ensuring consistent chart appearance and reflecting the creator's permissions.
Expense reporting on Asana
In Asana, managing project expenses involves setting up a budget plan. This plan estimates the funds required to complete specific tasks by a deadline, covering aspects like freelance web designer fees and marketing expenses.
Creating a budget in advance helps prevent resource shortages and budget overruns during the project. It also aids in defining the project scope and gaining stakeholder support by clearly outlining how requested funds will be utilized.
As the project progresses, the budget serves as a reference point to track actual expenditures against planned amounts, allowing for adjustments when necessary.
Also Read: How to Create a Board in Asana
Advanced Search with Asana
In Asana, advanced search reports are the go-to tool for gathering detailed insights across multiple projects. While dashboard Asana and Status focus on metrics within a single project, Advanced Search allows you to dig into activities and data spanning various projects.
This powerful feature lets you find tasks based on assignees, project affiliation, and due dates. Once you've conducted an Advanced Search, you can save the results as a Report, ensuring that the information is promptly updated each time you access it.
Examples of useful saved searches include:
- Identifying pending assignments.
- Monitoring high-priority tasks due soon.
- Addressing blocked approvals.
- Tracking completed work within specific time frames.
Use the Asana App for streamlined processes, team coordination, and enhanced productivity. The key components of this workflow include:
- Project: Projects are task collections to achieve broader objectives or serve multiple purposes.
- Workspace: Workspaces unite team members collaborating on a Project, providing access to tasks and seamless communication.
- Reports: Utilize the Asana app's Dashboard for efficient Goal Setting, Tracking, and Management. Leverage milestones and portfolios to monitor progress, ensuring organized and effective management of critical Projects.
How a Virtual Assistant Can Help with Asana Report-Making?
Maximize your Asana experience with a Virtual Assistant by your side, transforming report-making into a seamless and efficient process.
Leverage a Virtual Assistant's expertise in generating comprehensive reports, saving you time and ensuring accuracy in data representation.
A Virtual Assistant proficient in data analysis can interpret complex datasets, providing valuable insights and facilitating informed decision-making for your projects.
Utilize a Virtual Assistant's skills to customize dashboards according to your needs, ensuring a tailored visual representation of your project metrics.
Report Sharing and Distribution
Efficiently manage and share reports with stakeholders as a Virtual Assistant takes charge of the sharing and distribution processes.
Automation of Reporting Processes
Enhance productivity by automating reporting tasks through a Virtual Assistant, streamlining repetitive processes, and ensuring timely delivery of insights.
Note: The Asana Community Forum is your go-to solution when faced with challenges in Asana. This online platform offers a supportive community and resources to resolve queries and keep your workflow seamless and swift.
Explore Asana Help for expert guidance, attend webinars and training courses to enhance your Asana proficiency, and delve into the Asana Guide for comprehensive documentation on optimizing your use of Asana.
Why is Wishup the best place to hire a Virtual Assistant?
Discover the unparalleled benefits of choosing Wishup as your go-to platform for hiring a Virtual Assistant, redefining excellence in virtual assistance.
Selecting the Elite 1%
At Wishup, we ensure top-notch service by selecting only the cream of the crop, guaranteeing you access to the most skilled and reliable Virtual Assistants.
Swift onboarding in 24 hours
Experience swift onboarding with Wishup as we prioritize efficiency, ensuring you can seamlessly integrate your new Virtual Assistant into your workflow within 24 hours.
Versatility: US and Indian VAs to choose from
Tailor your virtual support to your preferences by selecting from a pool of both US-based and Indian Virtual Assistants, providing you with diverse and skilled professionals.
Proficient and continuously trained experts
Benefit from the expertise of pre-trained in 70+ no-code tools and continually upskilled Virtual Assistants at Wishup, ensuring you receive services from professionals well-versed in the latest industry practices.
Personalized support with a dedicated account manager
Enjoy personalized support with a dedicated Account Manager, who will be at your service to address your specific needs and ensure a seamless collaboration with your Virtual Assistant.
Rapid replacement policy for uninterrupted service
Experience peace of mind with Wishup's instant replacement policy, allowing you to swiftly address any unforeseen personnel swiftly personnel changes and ensure uninterrupted support for your tasks.
Did you get to know how to build reports? Overall, Asana reporting is a valuable tool for overseeing day-to-day operations, offering crucial insights for informed decision-making regarding project progression and employee efficiency.
While the platform provides substantial support, custom reports outside Asana may be beneficial for more intricate and in-depth analyses of business activities.
Recognizing the role of a virtual assistant in enhancing report generation, analysis, and distribution processes further streamlines the management of Asana reports.
For a seamless experience and to explore the advantages of having a virtual assistant, take the next step by scheduling a free consultation or reaching out via email to [email protected]. Elevate your productivity and decision-making with Wishup's virtual assistance services.
Reporting in Asana: Frequently Asked Questions
What is reporting in Asana?
Reporting in Asana involves generating insights and overviews of project data to facilitate informed decision-making.
How do I create a status report in Asana?
To create a status report in Asana, use the reporting features to compile and present relevant project information for comprehensive status updates.
Can you report on goals in Asana?
Yes, Asana is a custom reporting tool that allows reporting on goals, offering insights into their performance and understanding their overall health.
Can you track data in Asana?
Yes, Asana provides robust data tracking capabilities, enabling users to monitor and analyze project data for improved management and decision-making.